Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 8 of Blogging

Day 8
Short term goals for this month and why.


I have 3 immediate goals.

1. The month is mostly over, but I really want to start running more consistently. I enjoy it and I feel good when I do it. I like being able to look down at my legs while I'm running and see muscle tone and feel the strength in them that makes it possible for me to keep putting one leg in front of the other. I really want to be able to go the distance and do so with ease. Plus, I enjoy a challenge where the results are clear. But since this month is so hectic, I'm okay with getting a head start now and going full force in July.

2. My next goal is to not kill my garden. I have never grown anything and I really want to see my vegetable plants get big and voluptuous. I'll be absolutely in awe when I see things start to really grow big and strong. I was relieved to see that after being gone almost a whole week, it's not completely dead out there, so that's good!! My tomatoes are looking good, as in the zucchini, and my strawberries and cucumbers are looking a little heartier too. The watermelons and other melons... eh.. not so much.

3. And my last goal is to find a home church where I really feel welcome and a part of. I've attempted this in the past, but it didn't quite work out as I hoped it would. Perhaps that was just God's way of teaching me that it's not my agenda that He's on and I can't MAKE things happen just because it's my plan. It's not about me. I'm not sure I'm ready for that lesson though.. I really long for a church family that will be there to encourage me and help me to grow in Christ. I just can't do it on my own. Maybe that's why God created churches and fellowship so that we wouldn't have to do it alone though. As one person told me recently, 'iron sharpens iron'. Fellowship with others is also important in our walk with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment