Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 13 of Blogging

Day 13
Your 5 favorite books and why.


These are in no particular order and I know I'll forget some that I loved too, but here are the ones I can think of right now.


1. Earth's Children series by Jean M. Auel

I love the time period of these books and reading about how people lived so long ago. From their natural remedies, to their discoveries that we have since expanded on, it's all so interesting to me.


2. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder and all 5 books that follow

I just got lost in these books! Reviews on Amazon weren't very good, but in my opinion, these books were amazing! There was a perfect balance of real world and fiction, with action and love story.



3. The Hunger Game by Suzanne Collins and the 2 books that follow

Wow, if you haven't read these books, you should. I was so sad when I finished this series, but I'm excited that a movie is in the works. The author has constructed a world I never would have imagined and it's exciting and kept me hooked through all the books!




4. The Heretic Queen, and Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran

I have always been interested in Ancient Egypt and these books gave me a glimpse into this historic time. The author did a lot of research when writing these books so they would be as close to accurate as possible.





5. The Bible.

This book is timeless. However, I admit that I don't read it as much as I should. I still remember the awe I felt when I started digging into it a couple years ago though - starting at the beginning. I couldn't believe how action-packed it was and how interesting and I remember thinking how sad I was that I had left this book to sit and collect dust for so many years and had been missing out on some amazing stories and history and wisdom. There were parts that I would have to re-read aloud to Bill because it was so interesting. During that time, I also discovered a translation that I totally love - The Message. It's written in everyday language that is perfectly understandable. I like my parallel Bible that includes The Message and also NIV. This way I can get some further insight and explanation on passages by reading both translations.



If you're reading this, tell me what some of your favorite books are. Also, if you're a Bible-reading, what are some of your favorite passages, books, or chapters?

1 comment:

  1. I loved the Hunger Games too and felt the same disappointment when I was finished. I just read Michael Vey by Richard Paul Evans -- it was awesome! It comes out in August and you should definitely read it!

    ReplyDelete