Day 6
Favorite superhero and why.
She-ra, Princess of Power! I only like her because I think she's pretty. She kind of looks like a mom in a way too. Not because she has stretch marks to prove it, but because she has a face like that of a 1950's stay at home mom/housewife that you might see on a poster, so she seems mature and wise.
Another thought about superheros.. And this is a little random and off the mark of the subject today, but it's my blog and I can write what I want! :)
We briefly had a discussion in Sunday School yesterday about what we thought 'power' meant. Some answers I thought of were leadership and wealth. It was brought up that if we were to ask a child what 'power' was, they would all give us a superhero name as an answer - Batman, Spider-man, Iron Man, etc. Really though, the most powerful superhero of all, one who is an ultimate leader and an abundance of wealth (rich in love, not necessarily money) is God. Everything belongs to Him. The heavens, the earth, even our lives, jobs, and talents. We are only a mere steward of our life and we should be living it in a way that is pleasing to Him. Thinking of things this way, I question my own choices and pray I'll make decisions that glorify Him. It also serves as a reminder that some of the things I concern myself with and worry about are really not a big deal at all. Two particular things that have been bothering me lately and getting me down are really insignificant in the whole picture of things. God doesn't care about what I consider my physical shortcomings, and He made my other situation as it is probably so that I will learn and grow from it. I just have to learn to trust Him in all of this and remember that I am loved just the way I am. God made me this way, after all, and He doesn't make mistakes!

No comments:
Post a Comment