I've been thinking about Preschool for E today. I called a place and contacted two others via email. But my dilemma is a selfish one.. I want as much time as I can get with my little boy.
With my work schedule changing after baby comes, I'll need to be to work by noon (plus 30 minutes drive time too). So since I won't have anyone to take him and pick him up from preschool if it's while I'm at work, I'll have to get him in a preschool that has a schedule that finishes up before I leave for work at 11:30. And then since I'm going to be at work until 6pm, by the time I get home at 6:30, there won't be much time left before bed.. (Dinner, clean up, bathtime, bedtime). And I'm just sad. Really sad. If he goes to preschool in the morning, this short amount of evening time is all I'll get with him. I want him to experience this and learn and make more friends, but I want that time with him too.
Working sucks sometimes, doesn't it. But it's like a necessary evil. I have to work to pay for the fun things. Boo hoo hoo!! I just want to be able to do fun things with E (and new baby when the time comes), but I always have to arrange everything around my work schedule, which can be difficult. I'm dreaming of a day that I'll be able to be a stay at home mom, or work part time, but I don't see that happening any time soon.
Booo hoo hooo! (Again.)
How do I make time for everything?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

There is a friend of mine in your neighborhood that is starting up a preschool. I don't know the times, but her name is Jenn Gatherum. I'll send you her email address, I'm not sure if she's full yet.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel, it is a major struggle sometimes! You will find that balance for yourself, it will just take some time. :)