Ever notice how so many of the promises in the Bible are addressed to a specific person, or a specific group of people, but yet we accept them as promises for us? I wondered about this.. Even though I know in my heart that these promises are true and apply to me, I wanted to know how it figures, such as if I were to try to explain it to someone, what would I say?
Well, I stumbled across an answer last night!
There's likely multiple passages in scripture that make this clear, but this just happens to be the few that my Bible fell open to last night, as I somewhat randomly picked a place to read and just started reading.
Galations 3:22 But the Scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.
Galations 3:26-29 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Hallelujah! I belong to Christ! Jump for joy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment