So it's been 30+ days of better eating and it's been great! I even fed my oldest and pickiest child spaghetti squash with veggies and chicken for dinner last night and I didn't hear a single whine about "Vegetables, again?!?" And my littlest one gobbles up roasted butternut squash and cauliflower mash like somebody's out to steal it!
Hubby's feeling much better, and I'm feeling pretty good too. I never thought the day would come that I would think my fridge didn't have enough crisper drawers! I could use at least two more in there! I've worn out one ceramic knife and my replacement is already becoming dull. I thought ceramic knives weren't supposed to get dull! I guess they never tested them in a kitchen like mine!
Though our main goal wasn't aimed to lose weight but rather to see how our bodies felt on a cleaner diet, both hubby and I have lost some pounds and inches along the way though. Can't complain there either! Since we've already seen the difference this eating makes, I think we'll keep it up. We'd be crazy to go back to stomache issues, eczema, etc!
I would totally recommend anyone with weird healthy issues to give this a try eating 'Paleo/Hunter Gatherer' style (basically, veggies, fruits, and meat). Give it 30 days and I bet you'll start seeing a difference in just the first two weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I've wondered about a Paleo diet. Did you read a book first, or just internet research? I'm trying to figure out a new diet plan for us because my oldest has ADHD/Allergies/Asthma and a billion other things, and I don't want to just keep medicating her, I want to change our lifestyle first and then see what else needs to be done!!
ReplyDelete