I had the strangest dream last night. It's not funny; it is indeed strange!
I dreamt I went to this conference/service in this big building with movie theater style seats. I sat sort of near the back where there were four empty seats. I chose the second seat in from the isle. Across the isle from me was an acquintance whom I felt was a slow-growing friend sitting on the end seat. Along came three 'friends' (I write this in this way because they didn't feel like real friends in my dream, but more like fake friends. I did not feel comfortable with them.) Rather than filling the open seats around me, they pushed me to the fourth seat towards the center of the row. I scowled at them and rolled my eyes because I felt like there were pushing me further away from the person I felt was becoming my friend, but I wasn't yet fully friends with them to actually sit next to them. I couldn't believe I acted like this and was almost ashamed of myself to have made such a nasty face at them.
During this show/speech/conference/whatever is was, the person who I felt was becoming a friend went up on the stage and spoke. I was surprised that they had so much involvement in this event because I had no idea at all. When the person sat back down at their seat, they turned around and posed a question to me.
"You're on the internet (as in Facebook)? I didn't you were on the internet. Why? Why are you on the internet?"
I didn't really know how to respond. The way it was asked made me feel like it was a shallow thing, using Facebook and all. I felt weak because the answer was yes, I use Facebook. Why, though? Why do I use it? Hmm...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment