Perhaps our disappointment in the love we [don’t] receive from other’s should be our sign to offer our love instead? Offer the kind of love and treatment we wish to receive from them. Consider this - Matthew 7:12 says "Here is a simple, rule-of-thumb guide for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them. Add up God's Law and Prophets and this is what you get." (MSG)
Perhaps I shall begin this new mission in my own life – To truly demonstrate the love I want to receive by offering the same to those around me. Action is what leads to results, meaning I can’t just meekly go about my life, and expect meaningful things to happen in the way I wish. I can’t have my cake and eat it too. Instead, I will strive to offer slices of my cake to those around me.
And maybe you shall accept this slice of cake and share it with someone around you.


No comments:
Post a Comment