Monday, January 7, 2013

Copy Cat Post - Friend Makin' Monday

Alright, so you're in for a treat!  I'm copy-catting my friend, Julie, who does such a great job posting these on her blog every Monday.  Every Monday she'll answer some questions about herself on her blog.  It's not too personal, but it's fun to read!

Simple Questions

1. Outside my window I see…A deceivingly sunshiney day that holds nothing but bitter cold! 

2. My kitchen counters are…Absolutely necessary.  Where else would I put my junk?!  Actually, they are a beautiful greenish/blackish granite and they are no longer covered in stuck-on goo from the boys since we recently initiated a new rule in our house - EVERYONE eats at the table!  No more huffin' on up to the counter like it's Woolworth's lunch counter or something!  (Okay, a phrase my mom used to say when I was little, haha!)

3. Yesterday I drank…OJ (yes, I'm slacking on the whole paleo thing, but the truth is - I had to!), water, tea. 

4. My cell phone is…a necessary evil.  Can't live with it, can't live without it!  For a while, I deleted a bunch of apps and it increased my free time and my reading time..  But now, I'm falling for this dang phone again and I'm reading on it instead of in books.  And it's not even good things I'm reading!  It's all stupid, time-wasting stuff!  I think this is the longest time I've gone without reading a REAL book!  But, on the bright side, by not having a book I'm reading, it's motivated me to do a little 10-15 minute Bible study each day.  A chain of events, huh?

5. My computer is…a tool no a jewel!  I think my laptop is pretty cool, but that's only because it's mine.  Hubby doesn't agree, but that's only because he's a Mac-man.  Well, Mac don't pay the bills around here!  Microsoft does!

6. My favorite reality show is…the real-life one - my own.  I don't like reality tv shows.  I'd rather lose myself in fictional shows.

7. My workouts are…often times torturous!  But I like them too.  It's made me enjoy running more.  Especially when it means a break between painful and difficult planking.  I like crunches now too, especially when they are a break between vein-bursting push-ups.  I even like mountain climbers, especially when they are between weight lifting.  Bucking broncos though?  I just don't think I can ever like these. 

8. The last book I read is…something really terrible.  It was called Don't Die, Dragonfly.  I tried for months to get it at the library with no success and I finally just bought it.  Luckily, I only paid a penny for it with $3.99 shipping..  It was incredibly ... flat.  I just could not get into it.  In fact, I suffered through almost the whole book before finally just deciding it wasn't worth my time and stopped about 20 pages to the end. 

9. My week will be…. Not too bad!  I have the elementary school spelling bee barrelling down on my (why did I ever agree to be the chairperson!), but I expect to have everything ready to fire in a day or two.  Thankfully, I have until next week though just in case something backfires!  We've got flu-vaccines lined up (aww shucks, the ped was out of the shots, but wanted to know if the mist would be okay?  Heck yeah!!!  One trip to the toy store has been diverted!)  Maybe some cookie-baking for a bake sale..  Clearly, I don't have any trouble filling up a wide-open week with a bunch of to-do's! 

10. So far 2013 has been…so slow!  Can't summertime just get here already?!?!  I'm ready to thaw out!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your responses! You should definitely do this more!

    I agree with the phone being a time sucker. I recently deleted a bunch of my apps. My main thing is Facebook. I feel like I need it, but I waste so incredibly much time on it!

    ReplyDelete