Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Swagger Wagon

Much to our dismay, we discovered over the weekend that we couldn't fit two carseats in our little Suzuki SUV.. So, on the hunt we went! Luckily, it turned out to be a very short hunt because I really dread vehicle shopping and didn't want to deal with it right now at all. Bill started looking online at mini vans though..... Oh dear, I was a bit worried because I never wanted to drive a mini van. Ever. However, he said I could get a red one with racing stripes if I want. But even that wasn't enough to convince me.


But then - Ah ha! Mini vans became cool and hip!!! All thanks to this video!



Such a catchy tune and video! Now I was onboard!


But after looking at a few, Bill fell, well.., offboard. He thought they were way to monstrous for us. And he ended up finding the perfect compromise instead.


The Mazda 5. Technically, it's not a mini-van. It's just a big car with 3rd row seats that fold down and will fit 2 car seats comfortably. It's also, technically, not a 'swagger wagon' since the Toyota Sienna has claimed that title. But it is a wagon. So it's MY swagger wagon (which is much more fun to say that just 'the wagon' or 'the car' or 'the Mazda 5'. Even E thinks so!)



Ironically, when we bought it, we met our neighbor too. He just happened to be our sales guy. And here we thought his family just liked Mazda's a whole lot too since that's all we've ever seen parked over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment