Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My next big project!

So I'm going to attempt to make a Barbie cake with my wonderful daycare lady for her little girl's 4th birthday this weekend.
Here's the detailed plan:

We're going to use cake mix and 1 or 2 round cake tins and a rounded bundt pan, all layered to make Barbie's skirt. We're then going to use home-made buttercream frosting (powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, milk) for the outside of the cake and then maybe some chocolate buttercream for the layers (by adding cocoa powder).

Here's what the cake will HOPEFULLY turn out like. I'll be sure to post a picture of the actual cake when it's done!


1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I've also been told that the large meausred mixing bowl from Pampered Chef works great, but I've never tried it. I've never baked a cake in one of those. Can't wait to see your finished product, though!

    ReplyDelete